Reasons Why Knob and Tube Wirings Are Fire Risks

Reasons Why Knob and Tube Wirings Are Fire Risks

Knob and tube wiring have proven to be dangerous; many customers and users of this wiring method have complained about the dangers it brings upon their homes.

Knob and tube wiring have proven to be dangerous; many customers and users of this wiring method have complained about the dangers it brings upon their homes. There is no way that this method of wiring can be safe from fire because, if the circuit on the wall becomes damaged or leaks, there will be sparks of electricity from that circuit. Don’t forget that the temperature of the arc, and the sun’s surface temperature aren’t the same, the heat coming from an arc is hotter than the heat coming from the sun, since knob-tube wiring is combustible, fire can easily be generated at any time. There have been cases where people’s homes caught fire because of this wiring, they usually happen on the wall, and when a socket is not working properly, either it’s damaged, or broken.

Another reason why this method of wiring is risky, is because, once an old object is placed on the knob, and peradventure its rusted sides pierces the knob, then an explosion is likely to occur once there’s a presence of heat.

These breaks leave sharp edges that

If there’s a wear or tear in the knob, and unlike-charges meet, that’s the positive meeting with the negative, then fire will also occur in such a situation. Although these wirings are expensive and used by lots of homemakers, the dangers are still there, people shouldn’t forget, so they should always be safety-cautious. What are the mistakes people make when using this method of wiring? Many homeowners are always fond of inserting sharp objects like nails on the walls that contain the wiring.

These breaks leave sharp edges that can cut through the insulation, while the weakened solder joints, which are broken, can be highly dangerous. Even an insurance company will not want to insure a house or building with such wiring. Homeowners shouldn’t make mistakes, but should make good decisions concerning the types of wiring that will be used in their homes.

Reasons Why Knob and Tube Wirings Are Fire Risks

Here are a few safety tips and features of knob-tube wiring. They have a lifespan of 70 to 130 years, so don’t try to use it for any modern building, as its capacity isn’t strong enough. Why shouldn’t you use it for modern homes? If you do so there will surely be an overload in resistance, which will eventually lead to a fire outbreak.

In knob wiring, there’s no ground wire, meaning it’s incompatible with modern 3plug appliances, so if you plug any appliance like a blender in, be expecting damage to the appliance. This happens when there are fluctuations in voltage, so try using a stabilizer to stabilize the current that comes in. Avoid inserting rusted objects like nails into the knob to prevent the connection of positive current with negative current. Always have insurance, from a good insurance company, to prevent unforetold events that might cause heavy casualties, which sometimes affect the income level of a family. Whenever there is a problem with the wirings, always call an experienced engineer to repair affected parts. Fire hazards are real, and can be dangerous to the point of death, always be careful.